Responsible to: Estates and Works Officer
- Salary Scale: EB 7
- Purpose of the Job:
To assist the Estates and Works Officer in performing routine maintenance to civil works to create a pleasant and secure work environment.
- Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out minor repairs to buildings, furniture, wood fixtures, and general fitting as necessary.
- Assisting in preparing lists of furniture and other fixtures for procurement purposes.
- Assisting in the movement and setting up of furniture and equipment.
- Maintaining an awareness of all health and safety rules applying to all general maintenance works and tools used to ensure that safe working practices are observed.
- Maintaining all required records of work carried out under estates and works and reporting any defects in buildings, furniture, and or other wooden fixtures.
- Developing drawings and Bills of quantities for civil works.
- Assisting in preparing monthly and quarterly reports regarding estates and works.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Repairs and maintenance attended to immediately.
- Maintenance records available
- Estates and works report available.
- Furniture needs for staff attended to immediately.
- Major decision making
- Maintenance schedule.
- Requisitions for maintenance
- Need for outsourcing specific service
- Person specification
- Academic/Professional Qualifications
- Minimum of a Diploma in Civil and Building Engineering.
- Craft Certificate in Carpentry and Joinery will be an added advantage.
- Work Experience
Proven work experience in civil and building maintenance works for at least three years.
- Skills/Competencies/Personal Attributes
- All round practical skills in civil works.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office applications.
- Competence in CAD programs such as Auto CAD.
- High degree of honesty.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Swiftness and attention to detail
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality.
Terms of Service: Permanent