Responsible to: SEO – Item Development (Secondary)
Responsible for: EO – None
- Salary Scale: EB 5
- Purpose of the Job:
To carry out field implementation and support coordination of activities relating to Instrument Development of UCE examinations following the laid down regulations.
- Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying and training UCE item writers in close collaboration with the Senior Examinations Officer.
- Ensuring reliability and validity of the items set.
- Conducting moderation meetings
- Compiling the moderated test items into draft question papers.
- Supervising the typesetting of the UCE draft question papers.
- Proofreading the typed UCE question papers.
- Analyzing, compiling, and typesetting reports on the work of candidates at UCE.
- Key Performance Indicators
- Lists of UCE item writers
- Number of sets of raw test items generated.
- Number of sets of moderated test papers.
- Number of sets of compiled draft test papers.
- Number of sets of valid and reliable, and error-free test papers produced.
- Key Decision Making
- The moderated items to be compiled into the test papers for UCE.
- Schedules of moderation and item writers’ meetings.
- Person specification
- Academic/Professional Qualifications
Hons Bachelor’s degree in education in the desired area or Arts /Sciences in the desired area with a post graduate diploma in education or the equivalent.
- Work Experience
- Registered teacher with at least 3 years of teaching experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in examination management or related work in a reputable educational institution.
- Good coordination skills.
- Knowledge and experience in examination management.
- Good communication and interpersonal relations.
- Computer literate especially in word processing, and spreadsheets.
- High degree of confidentiality and integrity
Terms of Service: Permanent