Responsible to: Senior Software Engineer
Responsible for: None
Salary Scale: EB 5
Purpose of the Job:
To manage the Application development process per the UNEB ICT Strategy, Business plans and adopted development methodologies
Key Result Areas
- Defining, reviewing and validating technical requirements of key stakeholders requiring new software following the Rational Unified process guidelines
- Translating functional specifications into design specifications for use by programmers in collaboration with the Application re-engineering expert.
- Managing the Application development process and on a day to day guide programmer to ensure that uniform standards are enforced through, re-use of assets created and integration with existing applications.
- Providing full-life cycle architectural guidance and ensure quality technical deliverables.
- Developing code for identified business functionality and reports in line with good programming practices and object oriented development techniques
- To instruct users on functions of designed computer programs or the off-shelf programs following guideline laid down in training manuals
Key Performance Indicators:
- Latest technology applied.
- Technical requirements of key stakeholders for new software defined, reviewed and validated.
- Functional specifications translated into design specifications for programmers.
- Uniform standards in the application development process.
- Code for identified business functionality developed.
- Training manuals available
Key Decision Making
- Architectural guidance.
- Design specifications.
- Code for identified business functionality
- Honor’s Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Statistics, Physics/Mathematics, and Commerce.
- A postgraduate qualification in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent and a relevant Professional certification such as Microsoft Certified Solution Developer (MCSD), Oracle Certified Developer (OCD), MCDBA, or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience working with development of business applications for a large organization.
- Operating systems such as Windows 2003 Server, Windows XP, Unix/Linux,
- Database platforms such as MS SQL server and Oracle RDBMS
- Microsoft Visio Studio.net environment
Good interpersonal skills;
Customer focus and sensitivity to high quality services,
Ability to manage stress in a highly demanding environment;
High degree of integrity and confidentiality.
Terms of Service: Permanent
Age Limit: Not more than 45 Years
How to apply
All eligible candidates should submit their applications with detailed CVs, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contacts and addresses of at least three referees in hard copies, delivered to the address below OR submit in soft form at firstname.lastname@example.org NOT LATER THAN 5:00 pm of Friday 05th November 2021.
- Detailed job profiles can be obtained from our website: uneb.ac.ug
- Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted
The Executive Director
Uganda National Examinations Board
Plot 35 Martyrs way – Ntinda
P O Box 7066 – KAMPALA