Responsible to: Manager Research and Innovations
Responsible for: Senior Research Officer (Consultancy)
Salary EB 3L
Purpose of the Job:
To head the consultancy Division of the Board as an income generating activity focusing on educational consultancy and aptitude testing services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Marketing UNEB consultancy support services and aptitude testing as an income generating activity for the Board.
- Conducting needs analysis and or market surveys to inform development of consultancy support services and aptitude testing business plan or project proposals.
- Developing in liaison with the legal office, contract templates for consultancy activity and aptitude testing for standard pieces of work to serve as the legal framework for all parties involved in the consultancy and aptitude testing.
- Establishing service standards and team values for the consultancy support service and aptitude testing.
- Maintaining database of UNEB staff and their qualifications and competences and use them as consultants as appropriate.
- Developing key performance indicators and incentives for increasing the engagement of staff in consultancy activity and aptitude testing.
- Conducting detailed analysis of applications for consultancy services and determining viability of the specific project to inform acceptance or rejection.
- Maintaining a database of all consultancies undertaken and the consultancy reports and disseminating, where necessary and permissible, the consultancy reports.
- Overseeing the setting, moderation and typesetting, pre-testing, analysis of psychometric properties of multiple-choice questions and banking acceptable questions.
- Supervising staff in the Consultancy section, conducting staff performance appraisals and making appropriate recommendations.
Key Performance Indicators:
- General Public awareness of UNEB consultancy services.
- Business plan in place.
- Consultancy work contracts are ongoing.
- Data base of consultancies is growing.
- Aptitude tests developed and administered.
- MCQs developed, pre-tested and acceptable items banked.
Key Decision Making
- Business plan
- Viable projects
- Items for banking
- Hons Bachelor’s degree in either education or Arts /Sciences with a post graduate diploma in education/ project planning and management OR Hons Bachelor’s degree in either business or statistics or economics or project planning and management or a related field.
- Masters’ degree in Education or Statistics or Economics or Business studies plus post or prior special training in Measurements and Evaluation or Research methodology /statistical analysis or curriculum Development or project planning and management or a related field.
Minimum of nine (9) years’ experience in Research, educational planning or curriculum development at least three of which should have been at the level of senior officer in government or a reputable educational institution and coordinating consultancy projects.
- Research methodology and research proposals writing.
- Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database.
- Supervisory skills to guide teams of professionals.
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Project planning and management.
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality.
Terms of Service: Permanent
Age Limit: 40-50 Years
How to apply
All eligible candidates should submit their applications with detailed CVs, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contacts and addresses of at least three referees in hard copies, delivered to the address below OR submit in soft form at firstname.lastname@example.org NOT LATER THAN 5:00 pm of Friday 05th November 2021.
- Detailed job profiles can be obtained from our website: uneb.ac.ug
- Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted
The Executive Director
Uganda National Examinations Board
Plot 35 Martyrs way – Ntinda
P O Box 7066 – KAMPALA