Responsible to: Sen. Systems Admin & Business Continuity
Responsible for: None Salary Scale: EB 5
Purpose of the Job:
To maintain the UNEB IT and Network Hardware Infrastructure per best industry practice and in accordance with the UNEB ICT Strategy.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out actual timely repairs of, out of warranty faulty IT Hardware – High End products and Server O/S faults and attend to emergency IT Equipment repair calls in the field Stations.
- Supervising and/or carrying out Installation and/or Upgrade of IT Hardware, installation, upgrade and/or extension of various UNEB LANs as per user requirements and IEEE standards.
- Maintaining a database of problems and solutions to various IT Hardware problems as per sections requirements
- Verifying and installing new Computer Equipment upon acquisition and supervise the identification of obsolete and irreparable IT Hardware machines for boarding off.
- Providing Network User Support through troubleshooting and rectification of failed Network Hardware and Infrastructure.
- Installing IT Hardware and installation, and/or extension of LAN’s throughout UNEB offices per ICT set standards and industry best practices.
- Testing and verifying, in liaison with outsourced Preventive Maintenance (PM) teams, that PM of IT Equipment at UNEB stations is performed in line with agreed service standards.
- Responding to emergency service calls and carry out minor repairs of PC O/S faults and applications in the field stations.
- Keeping a record of IT Equipment serviced both in the field and workshop and generate periodic management reports per agreed section service regulations.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Timely repairs of, out of warranty faulty IT Hardware made and emergency IT Equipment repair calls in the field Stations attended to.
- A database of problems and solutions to various IT Hardware problems developed and maintained
- All new Computer Equipment verified and Installed upon acquisition, identification of obsolete and irreparable IT Hardware machines for boarding off supervised
- IT Hardware installed and/or extension of LAN’s throughout UNEB offices per ICT set standards and industry best practices.
- Outsourced Preventive Maintenance (PM) teams, tested and verified performed in line with agreed service standards.
- IT Equipment serviced and record of both in the field and workshop and generate periodic management reports per agreed section service regulations.
Key Decision Making
- Equipment servicing schedule
- Equipment to replace or up-grade.
- A bachelor’s degree in a computer science, computer engineering OR
- A higher diploma in Information Technology or Computer science with six years or more of experience in maintenance of IT Hardware and Network infrastructure in a large corporate environment
- A relevant Professional certification such as CISCO, MCSE or equivalent.
- A post graduate qualification in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent will be an added advantage.
At least 3 years’ experience in maintenance of IT hardware and network infrastructure in a large corporate environment
- Customer focused and sensitive to high quality services.
- Ability to work under a high stress environment
- Fast problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Operating systems such as Windows 2000 Server, Windows XP, Novell Netware and working with the TCP/IP protocol.
- High degree of integrity and confidentiality.
Terms of Service: Permanent
Age Limit: Not more than 45 Years
How to apply
All eligible candidates should submit their applications with detailed CVs, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contacts and addresses of at least three referees in hard copies, delivered to the address below OR submit in soft form at firstname.lastname@example.org NOT LATER THAN 5:00 pm of Friday 05th November 2021.
- Detailed job profiles can be obtained from our website: uneb.ac.ug
- Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted
The Executive Director
Uganda National Examinations Board
Plot 35 Martyrs way – Ntinda
P O Box 7066 – KAMPALA