Chinese – (1 position), German – (1 position), Lugbarati – (1 Position) and Luo – (1 Position)
Responsible to: SEO – Test Development (Secondary)
Responsible for: Ad hoc staff as maybe assigned.
Salary Scale: EB 5
Purpose of the Job:
To carry out field implementation and support coordination of activities relating to Item Development of Secondary examinations in accordance with the laid down regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifying and training item writers in close collaboration with the Senior Examinations Officer.
- Ensuring reliability and validity of the items set.
- Conducting moderation meetings.
- Compiling the moderated test items into draft question papers.
- Supervising the type setting of the draft question papers.
- Proof reading the typed question papers.
- Analyzing, compiling and typesetting reports on work of candidates at UCE.
Key Performance Indicators
- Lists of item writers.
- Number of sets of raw test items generated.
- Number of sets of moderated test papers.
- Number of sets of compiled draft test papers.
- Number of sets of valid and reliable, and error free test papers produced.
Key Decision Making
- The moderated items to be compiled into the test papers.
- Schedules of moderation and item writers’ meetings.
- Hons Bachelor’s degree in education in the desired area or Bachelor of Arts in the desired area with a post graduate diploma in education or the equivalent.
- Desired subject areas include: German, Chinese, Lugbarati and Luo ie Dhopadhola, leb lango or Leb Acholi.
- Registered teacher with at least 3 years of teaching experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in examinations or examinations related work in a reputable educational institution.
- Good coordination skills.
- Knowledge and experience in examinations related work.
- Good communications and interpersonal relations.
- Computer literate especially in word processing, and spreadsheets.
- High degree of confidentiality and integrity.
Terms of Service: Permanent
Age limit: Not more than 45 years
How to apply
All eligible candidates should submit their applications with detailed CVs, copies of academic transcripts and certificates, telephone contacts and addresses of at least three referees in hard copies, delivered to the address below OR submit in soft form at email@example.com NOT LATER THAN 5:00 pm of Friday 05th November 2021.
- Detailed job profiles can be obtained from our website: uneb.ac.ug
- Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted
The Executive Director
Uganda National Examinations Board
Plot 35 Martyrs way – Ntinda
P O Box 7066 – KAMPALA